Saturday, March 3, 2007

3 Retro vs. the State

The court case had begun; it was Retro versus the state. There were few victims still living from the tragedy. The courthouse had six large marble pillars that held up the large grey stone building, built the beginning of the 21st century it had withstood numerous attacks from the air as well as ground assaults. It had once been a Bastille of power and now for a number of years had been used as judicial power. This is where laws had been passed and over turned.

This time the court heard the terrible events of June 1984, evidence was used to build the case up in Retro’s case.

Maggie Chris Diary Entry 1984

20 June

I have heard the voices now for the second night; I cannot shake off the feeling of foreboding. It has been dark everyday for a week, which is unusual for this time of year, it should be bright all year around in the day well at least most of the day.

Food supplies are running low. Basic food staples are impossible to get, the nearest town has apparently run out of rations and now I’m hearing voices.

21 June

Somewhere inside of me exists another me, perhaps it is evolution and I’m beginning to evolve into what I am not certain, a bug, a beautiful butterfly, a stone cold rock. Perhaps I am just beginning to realise that everything in life has connections, when we are die we make way for life, when we live death makes way for us.

The voices are getting louder, I can’t even hear my own thoughts anymore. There is no signal on the radio, not even a crackle is heard out of the old wireless, no one tells me what is going on though I fear for my life, I looked outside my window this morning and I saw a man hanging from a tree. I have to stay inside.

23 June

What is happening? It is strange that even a crumb of bread feels like a feast, a glass of water tastes like red Italian vintage. Every where I look it's dark, not pitch dark, and just light enough to make out shadows or someone running by the house.

26 June

I feel like living under quarantine. Something is wrong something doesn’t feel right, I counted to a million today to pass the time, I am not sure if the date is right or what year I am in any more

27 June

I ate the last bit of food today. Tomorrow I will be brave and step outside.

30 June

I am covered in spots. I do not like what I am changing into, I would rather die then look like this. I think I’m going crazy.

End of diary entry.

Transcript of phone conversation between a male resident of Bestow (population 2,500) and an operator.

June 20 11:34 am

“Hello?”

“Yes? Can I help you?”

“I live in Bestow something strange is going on, does anyone know anything about it?”

“Authorities are doing everything to help!”

“There are no authorities here! Listen lady, we were first issued with warnings to stay inside then nothing. Some of the people in the town fled to nearby villages, some went to get help. I saw a lady literally melt in front of my eyes and you tell me the fucking authorities are doing everything to help?”

Commotion heard in background, shouting a round of gunshots, then silence.

End of phone transcript.

The case was squashed, not enough factual evidence.

No comments: